For automatic watch collectors, there is no better way to keep the collections in their best performance than using a watch winder box. With a lot of options available out there, finding the best product can be very tricky.
Questions You Should Ask about a Winder
To pick the best product of watch winder, there are several questions that you need to ask yourself.
- Does the product have programmable turns? Does it complete with multiple turn options such as 950, 850, or 650 PTD?
- What are rotation options available in the watch winder? Are they a custom rotation, counterclockwise, clockwise, or bi-directional?
- How is the product powered? Does it use batteries or AC? Or are both of the options available in the watch winder?
- Does the box support the band and wight of your automatic watch? Can it rotate properly as well?
- Are the number of winds already set per day? Or do you need to program them first?
- Do you need to stop the winder manually or does it stop automatically after a period of time?
- If you intend to pick up a quad, triple, dual, or a larger winder, can you program each of the motors separately?
- Is this the best watch winder boxthat your money can buy?
Product Buying Tips
If you are not sure of watch winder you should buy, just take a look at these following buying tips.
- If you travel a lot, it will be better if you pick up a watch winder that comes with a sturdy design. This can be the one made of leather to ensure durability. It will also be very helpful if you select the one that can be used to store two up to four automatic watches at once. Just in case you need to change your watch while traveling.
- The next thing you should do is making sure that you buy a watch winder that is supported by a quality motor. However, a winder with high-quality motor usually comes with more expensive price. Generally, the cost will start from $100 to $1,000 each.
- The next thing to consider is the motion setting. Generally, a product with more than one setting option is better. This is because the product can help you to minimize the stressing on one part of the watch.
- Make sure that the watch winder box is also completed with a built-in programmable timer.